Wednesday, August 1, 2007

I Heart My Babies! Volume 2

This is the veiw of my precious school (taken from the cable car). It´s so huge! You would be able to see my host family´s house, but it is hidden by the trees. Anyway, Dengue made me mad because I had to miss pretty much the first week and 2 days...of our THREE week camp. Plus, I missed the field trip to Ocean World! ¡Què triste! Anyway, I did get to spend the rest of the time working with half of our group-about 12 kids. Though I had very little time to prepare and had NO clue what they had been studying, I threw some stuff together and we worked everyday from 8 until almost noon. We colored a lot, and we had a little reading circle everyday. I was SO thrilled that they loved the books! Even though just about everything else was a bit chaotic, they always sat quietly and attentively for reading time. So thanks for all of the books, mom! Being their teacher was probably one of the most challenging things I have ever done, so I have already learned A LOT. For the most part, however, I had a lot of fun working with them and look forward to similar programs in the next two years! Here they are standing by all of the work that I posted on the wall, and to the right is a group of kid playing one of our homemade reading games.





6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sparke said...

I hate all of these stupid portugese posts that I keep getting!

Unknown said...

Have been watching but missed your posting on the 1st. Thankful you survived 8 days in hospital and now feel OK and are back to teaching. Keep info coming. Post a wish list when you get the chance.

Unknown said...

Sounds like your recent experiences will last a lifetime (what an ordeal getting to the hospital) and change you perspective of life, which is good. Most gringas have no idea how life is in other countries and how they survive w/ so little and for the most part deal w/ it very well. Experienced that while I was in the Philippines. Glad your "babies" like you and willing to learn from you. From you blogs, which mother is crazier, ours or your host mom? :) Well enjoy the rest of your summer, if mom plans a visit, maybe the rest of us can make it as well. Have fun and enjoy the rice and beans and mangos (mmm, also our favorites) Brent

Unknown said...

so...why aren't any of these kids doing the myles pose? you need to get on that, beeb.

Anonymous said...

Well said.