Friday, January 11, 2008

AHHHHH!!!! Readjustment



Well, as I mentioned earlier, my trip home was wonderful. I realized how much I really do love Chicago and everyone/thing in it so, therefore, it was a bit depressing for me to return to the DR. I left Chicago around 7am and arrived to my house in Puerto Plata at around 11:30pm. I came in to find a disgusting mess (my cat babysitter didn't do so well with the litter box) and a VERY pent-up kitten. The first few days were a bit tough, I mostly sat around feeling sorry for myself whilst eating a bunch of Hershey's Hugs. I really wanted to be ALONE for a bit, but everyone knew that I was home and people were bugging me all day long. After the first rough patch, however, I had some really fun visits by some of my local muchachos. You can see them above-one is wearing all of my winter gear so that he can be ready for "Nueva York," and the other is playing with what is apparently my new COOLEST possession: a geeky headlamp! I also had Pilar come over with just about her entire family (pictured below)..and we all hung out on the floor because I STILL didn't have any chairs! They were all really excited to see me and I was delighted that they had so been looking forward to my return.

I was also really welcomed by my host family (my host sister called about TEN times) and they made me a nice welcome-home lunch. I brought them lots of little gifts with me, but I think that the shoes were by far the biggest hit. Well, that and the Hershey's chocolate that they devoured in one sitting. The children at my school also went insane and ran out to see me. I was extremely happy to see them again, though I must say I am still not EXTREMELY excited about my project at the moment. In any case, my community is really awesome and I love all of my little muchachos and my neighbors. I will also adore Frita soon (as soon as I cut her razor sharp nails!!!!)











1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amiable fill someone in on and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you for your information.