Friday, January 11, 2008

Sparke the.....photographer?











So I was sitting in my house the other day and I heard my "doorbell" (aka a muchacho climbing on my neighbor's roof and yelling my name), so I scurried over to the door to see who was looking for me. Enter two of my muchachos-Miguel and Angelito. Apparently, it is Angelito's birthday and the two boys want to know if they can borrow my camera to take pictures of his party. Uhh...let me think about that. Some similar muchachos BROKE my old digital camera so how about a NO to that request. Being the sucker that I am, however, I can't possibly JUST say no to Angelito and his 8th bday bash (his FIRST birthday party, no less). So, I pack up the little digital camera and head over to his house. There is no electricity, but that doesn't mean a shortage of children. The room is full of little guys and gals and the mother literally starts telling me, "Hey, take a picture of this. Oh, and now this. Can you take a picture of these two together, Sarah? Take a picture of the baby" etc. Funny part is that I am actally TERRIBLE at taking pictures but, then again, Dominicans are delighted with ANY pictures of themselves. For now, I am happy to give Angelito a few precious pictures so that he can destroy them in a week. But if I start being called upon at every community event, my camera might have to mysteriously "break" for a little while =)



No comments: