Saturday, February 2, 2008

Home Improvment

Guess who got a toilet seat!!! I am TRULY in the 21st century now!! Jealous? Well, if you would also like one, all you have to do is move into an apartment in the DR, ask your dueno every month for about 5 months if he can put that seat on your toilet that he keeps promising you and, then, he will randomly show up at your place one afternoon with the seat that he mysteriously found lying god knows where. All in all, my apartamentcito is truly coming together. I also made myself the highly sophisticated shelf seen below. It is not exactly aesthetically pleasing but it is SO functional! I wish I had made it sooner. And, equally as exciting, I have a table AND two chairs that my host family loaned me. I went MONTHS with nothing but ample floor space and, as SOON as I mentioned that I was having some gringos in town, my host family practically ran over with my new furniture. Point is: now all of you americanos really have no excuse...you have to come see me. You can sit down to eat AND to hacer caca!


No comments: