Wednesday, March 12, 2008

My Muchachitos are the Bestest!!!




Oh, what would I do without all of my little amigitos? Yes, they are all under the age of 12 but oh, how much entertainment they provide! In just the last month they have turned my house into a baseball field, a discoteca, a movie theater, and a bakery. We color, play mancala, do puzzles, eat candy, and generally do things that I loved when I was 12 and, apparently, still can't get enough of!

Some of their more hilarious adventures involve the day that Angel and Miguelito (pictured in photo in front of my bathroom: first and second from the right, respectively) asked me if Angel could take a shower in my bathroom. He has wanted to for a LONG time because I have...that's right...running water! I for one, am a fan of the bucket bath (at least I can make it warm!) but he had never had a running shower, especially in my I-have-an-obession-with-hygiene-products-shower. I of course, said claro que si! but just dont tell the mean, old owner of my house because she will have a fit that I am "wasting water." When Miguel was explaining to Angel which soap is for what he got so excited that he decided that HE had to bathe, too! So they BOTH jumped in at the same time and were giggling up a storm as they showered and lathered up in my girly soaps and shampoos. I, meanwhile, was dying of laughter and how much they were enjoying it. If only I could take them to Nueva York and let them have a HOT shower!

Another classic was the day they decided that they wanted to do my Pilates video. I told them that it was kind of "for girls" but they responded, "No importa!" Again, I was curled over with laughter as they streched and rolled and tried to do things like "The Saw" and "Rolling like a Ball." Sadly, I probably look JUST as ridiculous...

No comments: