Sunday, March 25, 2007

How long is TOO long?

Ok so my placement of pictures sucks..I still dont know how to use this program..but this is me with my adorable parents at the discoteca! And below are Kelsi, me (yes i know i was burnt to a crisp), and Robyn


So, we have only been living in Sabana de la Mar for about 2 weeks, but I am starting to think that we are overstaying our welcome. We are already being recognized all of the place. For example, some old guy rode by on a motorcycle yelling, ¨Hola, Sarah!¨even though I´m quite sure I have never met him. Two days later, some old guy at a fruit stand asked me if I would be his wife and I, of course, replied ¨No, gracias,¨but he also creepily knew my name. Moreover, while riding in the rear of Elisabeth´s truck the other day, we had a bunch of strange people wave to us. One was from a group of guys we had met outside of the discoteca. We call him ¨Vote for Pedro¨because he was wearing the Napoloean Dynomite Vote for Pedro t-shirt. When we asked him if he knew the movie, he GAVE us his shirt (we did not, however, keep this charming souvenir). The other person waving was this CRAZY woman who accosted me in the bathroom at the discoteca. She kept telling me that she thought we were Spaniards because her husband works with Spanish people or something...basically, she kept trying to have a conversation with me in the middle of the world´s grossest bathroom (as if the fact that there are no stalls isn´t bad enough, Robyn also witnessed a woman who peed over a drain on the ground..in front of everyone!) which somehow lead to her asking me if I would dance with her son..which was possibly one of my most awkward moments to date! Looking forward to making many more insane acquaintances!

No comments: