Tuesday, April 3, 2007

I am in love with the Domincan Republic

Robyn, Zahira, and I coming down from a cave.
This is our beloved trainer, Elisabeth, with our dreamboat of the day.

The Mangroves


Although I haven´t put up pictures of any of the amazing beaches that I have been to (I am working on it!)..I want to post some pictures of el Parque Nacional de los Haitises because it was SO cool! It is a huge, densly wooded area right near Sabana de la Mar that has really cool caves with ancient paintings from the tainos (native peoples). We hiked all morning with our really cool guide, had a picnic lunch on a little playita, and rode around in a boat to see all of the really pretty mangroves. I wanted to see a manatee but they are hard to spot!! We also met a really hot guy in an army uniform who SCALED a coconut tree and then proceeded to hack open the coconuts with his machete. This man of our dreams also came out dancing with us later that evening (see Robyn´s blog for more details!).

No comments: