Tuesday, April 3, 2007

"I haven´t gone in EIGHT days"-Special Ed PCT

As every proper Peace Corps DR volunteer should, I am creating an entry about the lovely act of going poop, simply because it has become one of the most popular topics of discussion in our group. I will remind you all that we are seven women in Special Education but, thanks to the WONDERFUL sanitation systems here in the DR, we all have newfound relationships with water. We have one girl who currently has a parasite but, hopefully, is recovering. I recently discovered that water in "funditas" (little plastic bags of water that are sold in colmados) are like poison to me and make me violently ill almost instantly. Most of the rest of our group has to avoid plantains and water like the plague because they can´t poo at all! Basically, our illness ends in hilarious comments about poop, mostly congradulating each other on normal bowel movements. For example, this Saturday we celebrated Kristen´s 24th birthday, but we also celebrated Megan´s poop because she finally went on day NINE!! Yay for pooping!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

poo stories are always fun. i am glad you have dedicated a blog to bowel movements.